The Cape Breton Regional Municipality (CBRM) Health Care Redevelopment project team is looking for volunteer patient and family advisors to provide input into the redevelopment project.
The team is looking for eight community-minded individuals who can use their experience with the health system as a patient, family member, caregiver, or citizen to contribute to the project. There will be two volunteers from each of the communities linked to the project – Sydney (2), Glace Bay (2), North Sydney (2) and New Waterford (2).
“Patient and public engagement is a priority for us and is necessary to help us create a model that will continue to provide high quality, safe and person-centered care, now and into the future,” says Mark LeCouter, senior director for the project. “The advisors will provide valuable feedback and input that will help continue to move this project forward and have an impact on health care in their community.”
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- personal or family/caregiver experience within the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
- be 18 years of age or older
- provide a client/patient/family/citizen viewpoint and voice that can positively contribute to project planning
- be able to look at issues from multiple viewpoints
- be able to share their viewpoint in an honest, respectful way
- be reflective of diverse populations and perspectives in our community
- be interested in making a positive contribution to health care services
- previous volunteer experience is an asset
- sign a confidentiality agreement
- have or be willing to obtain a criminal background check
- declare any potential conflicts of interest
- be available to attend daytime and/or evening meetings
- be able to commit to attend (1-2) meetings monthly (start date to be determined)
These are volunteer positions. Current NSHA employees, community health board members and elected officials are not eligible to apply.
People interested in becoming patient family advisors can contact Brenda McNeil at 902-567-6160 or send a letter and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2019.